4 Events in the Peruvian spring
- We organize an online Python course from July 14 - 16 and July 21 - 22
- We offer an online course on finite elements from August 4-6 and 11-13, 2022.
- From September 26 - September 30 the Spring School on Scientific Computing takes place in Cusco, Peru.
- In the week following the spring school, the Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco will host the Peruvian conference on Scientific Computing, October 3 to October 6.
Content of the course
This course is an introductory course to the Peruvian Conference on Scientific Computing. The topics to be covered are on one hand Sobolev spaces and the theory of partial differential equations which is necessary to analyse finite elements. Then, we introduce the finite element method as a Galerkin method. We discuss both practical aspects of finite elements in one and multiple dimensions and give a theoretical convergence analysis.
Registration for the course is now open. To register, please fill the registration form. Participation is free of charge.
The deadline for registration is July 1, 2022.
The course will be held online using the platform Zoom. Detailed data to access the course will be made available to all registered participants.
The course will take place from August, 4 to 6 and 11 to 13, each day between 11:00 and 12:30.
For the course material and recordings, please visit the Spanish version of this website.
- Dr. Alexis Rodriguez Carranza (Universidad Nacional de Trujillo, Perú)
- Mg. Dandy Rueda Castillo (Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina, Perú and University of Kiel, Germany)
- Dr. Stefan Frei (University of Konstanz, Germany)
In case of further questions regarding this course do not hesitate to contact Stefan Frei.