The objective of this conference is to bring together Peruvian and international researchers working in the area of Scientific Computing, in particular in the fields Modeling, Simulation and Optimisation with Differential Equations. A focus will lie on topics that are of particular interest for researchers in South America, such as Subsurface Flows, Mathematical Epidemiology or Climate and Environmental topics. The scientific part will be complemented by an attractive social program.
In the week ahead of the conference (March 23-27), we offer an introductory Summer School about some basic concepts of Numerical Methods in Scientific Computing. Details about the school can be found here.
Location of the Conference
Paraninfo Universitario of the
Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Peru
Plaza de Armas, Cusco
Beautifully located within the Andean Mountains, Cusco is the ancient capital of the Inca empire and offers plenty of touristic sights, ruins and stunning sceneries.
Topics of Interest
- Modeling, Simulation and Optimisation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Subsurface Flows
- Mathematical Epidemiology
- Climate and Environmental Topics
- Finite Elements
- Soledad Aronna (FGV Rio, Brazil)
- Roland Becker (Univ. Pau, France)
- Erik Burman (UCL - London, UK)
- Juan C. De los Reyes (Quito, Ecuador)
- Omar Ghattas (Univ. of Texas at Austin, USA)
- Andreas Griewank (Humboldt Univ. of Berlin, Germany)
- Roxana Lopez-Cruz (UNMSM, ULIMA Lima, Peru)
- Insa Neuweiler (Univ. of Hannover, Germany)
- Karen Willcox (Univ. of Texas at Austin, USA)
The scientific program of the conference will start on Monday, March 30, in the morning and run until Thursday, April 2, around noon. It consists of invited and contributed talks as well as a poster session. During the conference we will organize a trip to the village of Pisac in the Sacred Valley of the Incas with its famous ruins and a large market.
A sketch of the preliminary program can be found here.
The fee for participation in this conference will be 200 USD. A reduced fee of S./ 150 applies to students and researchers from the Andean Community (Peru, Bolivia, Columbia and Ecuador). The fee covers participation in the conference, refreshment during the breaks, the conference dinner, an ice breaking event on Monday, March 30 and the trip to Pisac. The deadline for the registration of contributions was November 22, 2019. If you would still like to participate, please contact Thomas Richter.
Participants may apply for an ICIAM Fellowship to cover transport and hotel expenses. The deadline for application is February 3rd, 2020. More details and the application form can be found here.
Students and staff of the associated universities Universidad Nacional de Trujillo (UNT) and Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina (UNALM) could already apply for travel support funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). This application is now closed and the selected participants have been informed.
- 01.10.2019: Registration and submission opens
- 22.11.2019: Deadline for the submission of abstracts
- 27.11.2019: Notification of acceptance
- 30.03.2020: Start of the conference
Scientific Committee and Members
- P. Bastian (Heidelberg University, Germany)
- P. Benner (MPI Magdeburg, Germany)
- M. Braack (CAU Kiel, Germany)
- S. Frei (Univ. of Konstanz, Germany)
- S. May (TU Dortmund, Germany)
- J. Montealegre Scott (PUCP Lima, Peru)
- I. Neitzel (Univ. Bonn, Germany)
- T. Richter (OVGU Magdeburg, Germany)
- O. Rubio Mercedes (UNT Trujillo, Peru)
- D. Rueda Castillo (UNALM - Lima, Peru)
- S. Sager (OVGU Magdeburg, Germany)
- K. Schratz (KIT Karlsruhe, Germany)
- T. Wick (Univ. of Hannover, Germany)
For all questions regarding this conference do not hesitate to contact Thomas Richter.